Every time I take this test, I come up as an ENFP (here's a brief summary of an ENFP profile http://www.mypersonality.info/personality-types/enfp )
My point in talking about all this ENFP jazz is that I was reading this article this morning:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204909104577237152011781364.html
it's basically about waiters and waitresses being taught to read subtle cues from their customers in order to determine what the best approach would be to providing service to them. Some people prefer the standard scripted ordering format, some people prefer a more abbreviated, less casual interaction... I'm reading this thinking.. "duh" As a nurse I constantly read people and gauge if they are disclosing all their thoughts and feelings to me about how happy they are with their hospital experience, and I read between the lines so that I am able to come up with what they are looking for medically, spiritually, or intellectually. The ability to read people is, frankly, something I find hard to believe can be taught because unless you have an intrinsic passion to be able to do it, people will sense you are insincere and shut down. And that's the other positive for me; generally I REALLY enjoy my patients (okay ignore my last blog entry lol) and their families and I love caring for them. I know that enjoyment shows when I am at work because more than one patient has said to me "I can tell you really love your job. It's so nice to see that, especially in a hospital." and I've also had family members say to me "I feel so much more at ease knowing you will be caring for my mom/dad/wife/husband
Upon further thought on the matter, it occurred to me that this ability to "read" people is only going to decline as technology becomes further integrated into our daily lives. And as the business world becomes more and more cut throat, only the ones that provide the most outstanding service will succeed. You can train wait staff, nurses, doctors, etc. etc. to be more perceptive and intuitive about their interactions with customers, patients, colleagues-- but for an ENFP who naturally possesses such skills? A world where such skills are valued will thrive. Talk about being in the right place at the right time!
I really like the information shared in the post. Its really good post. I am looking for RN and reached here. Thanks for this nice share...
ReplyDelete