Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I failed my pregnancy test

So I had a minor procedure at my hospital today (all is well, I'm fine). Prior to the procedure, I had to take a pregnancy test... and I failed:
By dropping the urine specimen cup INTO THE TOILET.  (Only me, I swear to GOD.)

Luckily, I grabbed it out of the toilet before it went totally under, but all my hard work due to having nothing to eat or drink after midnight the night before (it was 12:15 pm by this point) was GONE! My resulting foul mouthed little outburst was heard by a nice elderly gentleman waiting outside the door, too. Not one of my finer moments.
Just so you know, I did manage to finally get a negative result, incidentally, so my oven is bun free.

Then I was telling a friend about how proud I am to work at my hospital because everyone was just so nice and knowledgeable; it was just a great hospital experience, honestly.  This friend then said to me (regarding my experience), "Well, it's kinda like the Colonel getting the best piece of chicken when he stops in..." What a sweet analogy. ♥ I do think that my hospital really *is* just that good, though. I'd never work in a different one. I am definitely home organization-wise.

The highlight of my day, though was when I was coming out of the anesthesia and the nurse said to me, "Are you having any pain?" and I said, "Yeah, it hurts like fuck." LOL
then 1 minute later, she was coming back with the morphine and I said, "Did I say a curse word? Sorry."*blush*  I heard every staff member within earshot cracking the hell up over whatever shit I was blabbing about to anyone who came near me. It was excellent comedic practice for my hospital stays when I am in my 80s.

So anyway, I'm loving this new J. Lo ass. These butt implants RAWK.









No comments:

Post a Comment