Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Never a dull moment..

My Unit Manager  "resigned" quite suddenly yesterday.  The entire floor is in absolute turmoil right now.  We have no idea who will be taking her place or when.  Good news is, even though we all just had CVAs/TIAs(stroke) patients added to our population, we just hit 99th percentile again on patient satisfaction scores.  I have to say that's a HUGE accomplishment considering the other unit who had all stroke patients routinely scored quite poorly on patient satisfaction surveys.  (and their thought was that  because a lot of the patients either died or went to rehab and were unable to fill out the forms the only people who filled them out were disgruntled pts who had a score to settle of some kind.) I am part of an awesome team of nurses and I am so proud of all we have accomplished so far. I am kind of grateful now for my stroke patients because I think I needed a new challenge and a new set of skills to pick up.  All of this crap I am dealing with is making me so much better of a nurse and I think it's making all our nurses stronger as a team as well.  So time will tell how things work out with a new manager, etc. but I have to confess- I really love my job. *whispering* don't tell anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment