Monday, May 2, 2011

A little off topic..

I feel compelled to comment on the death of Osama Bin Laden.  Perhaps it's just my perspective on things, but the mass celebration of ANYONE 'S death troubles me very deeply.  I recall seeing people in foreign countries rallying in the streets and being joyous when one negative thing happened to the USA or another and thinking how it makes them look like animals.  The US looks no better to me right now.  Seeing facebook updates of moms of preschoolers who ordinarily drone on about scrapbooking celebrating a bullet in a man's head is just frightening to me.

 Yes 9/11 was horrible, yes people died yes, that day shook our nation to its very core, yes Osama was a danger to all our safety for as long as he walked this earth; so yes, he needed to die- but it was a necessary evil.

Partying over anyone's death is absolutely disgusting to me and I fear the type of reaction our nation had to the news of Osama's death is going to come back to haunt us and our troops overseas.

Have a little grace, America, and wise the fuck up before more people are hurt.

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." —MLK Jr

No comments:

Post a Comment