Tuesday, August 28, 2012

DON'T... TELL... *ANYONE*!!!


I curse more than I should.  I laugh at inappropriate things. I think Honey Boo Boo Child is frickin hilarious. I drink to unwind. I like to smoke an occasional cigar. I rock stiletto heels and a low cut dress. I have fabulous friends who are incredibly with it and cool. By all rights, I'm a god damn Paris Hilton with a syringe in my hand. (well, my boobs are better)

My secret?

I'm a nerd.  I read research articles for fun. I read about advances in nursing care, medicine, customer service, business, and the relatively new field of pharmacogenomics. And if there's one thing I love more than reading about all those things, it is talking about it. This isn't new.  In high school, everyone called me the female Cliff Claven.  That hasn't really changed about me.  Maybe that's why I like being a nurse so much.  I have my own captive audience (trapped in a room with me, no less!! :) ) who generally hangs on my every word --and takes it as gospel! haha!

I could stay cooped up all day for weeks and as long as I have a soft chair under my ass and a good book in my hands and/or an internet connection, I'm happy. I do like to hit the party scene once in a while and catch up with friends, but it's a very infrequent thing.  Primarily, I'm an unsocial little bookworm with a penchant for the written word.

Which is why tomorrow, I embark on a new adventure.. tomorrow, I begin the next step in my academic journey.  Tomorrow, I start classes for my RN to MSN bridge program for a Master's in Nurse Administration.

Don't tell ANYONE, but... I'm kinda excited. ;)



2 comments:

  1. I love that you curse too much and have no fear of stiletto heals and now we have to smoke Cubans together, dammit!

    MSN. So what are you doing with this? Are you going for NP? You should. Eff docs! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. No NP.. I don't want to deal with that shit. I want to work in informatics and administration. I firmly believe that without the proper use of technology, nurses will never be able to properly care for patients. Insurance companies are requiring more and more from staff and we are given less and less to work with- especially less and less funding. The sad part is, computers have the ability to do EVERYTHING we need them to do documentation wise but none of the systems talk to each other. We are chasing our tails and repeating things like tests and bloodwork unnecessarily because of disconnects in communication between computer systems and between disciplines. It is maddening to me! This is people's HEALTH we are dealing with. There is no excuse for providing substandard care because technology can't seem to keep up with insurance guidelines; and frankly, this has been a long time coming, insurance and Medicare aside-- the hoops they are making hospitals jump through are actually a blessing in disguise because it is lighting a fire under the collective ass of the higher ups in their comfy chairs and telling them that we need to change the system NOW.

    ReplyDelete